Monday, October 24, 2011

Visit to see Grandma

Mom, dad, me, Jenn and Riley headed down to Covington, GA this weekend to visit Grandma Effie (my dad’s mother). We had a GREAT time! It was like old family vacations (minus Christopher; add Riley) when we kids were cramped in the backseat of the car asking when we were going to get there. Although I’m not sure that question ever exited any of our mouths this weekend. We’re so grown up!

 

Grandma was so happy to see us, mainly the baby, but still. We brought her a pie and helped her hang up more family photos. It was good family time and great conversations about family, friends, politics and food. Loved it! I even got to take a nap! You know the rule: when the baby is napping, mommy should be napping. Now I realize I am not the mommy, but the actual mom wasn’t going to nap. I gladly fell on that sword.

 

Great weekend! So glad we went. Check out the professional photos taken by the lovely Karen Kimbrell.

 

No comments: