Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Popcorn

This is what happened the last time Beau and I went to the movies:

 

I wanted popcorn. (Naturally) I went up to the counter asking for the smallest one they had. It was still too big. So I asked about the kids size. You can’t buy just a kids popcorn. You have to buy the kids food pack, including a drink and candy. I asked if they could deduct the amount of the candy from the total price because I didn’t want any candy. They could not. Why not? So I had to get the “small” adult popcorn. $5.00?!?!? Wow! I was a bit upset when I realized I was going to have to pay a total of $10 for a small drink and small popcorn. “You’re stealing from me” is what I told the high schooler behind the counter. I told her that I normally bring in my own drinks and my own popcorn (Sneak it in my purse.), but I had forgotten this day. I was too upset about this popcorn issue. Beau came over and rescued me, actually the girl and we went into the movie… without popcorn. What happened to me?

 

I tell you. It’s such a ripoff. And it’s one-sided. Most of them are. If I want an extra slice of cheese on something, I’ve got to pay for it. If I want the cheese taken off, I don’t get the price of the cheese taken off of my bill. It makes me think everything should be a la cart so I don’t have to pay for stuff I don’t want.

 

I HATE being ripped off and taken advantage of. HATE it. I know businesses are out there to make money and I understand how the world goes ‘round, but it doesn’t always make it easy to swallow when it’s staring you in the face.

 

No comments: