Thursday, October 6, 2011

The chef not so much

As you know, we’ve been in the process of moving, it feels like for weeks. Actually, we’ve been packing up one house, unpacking at the other, painting, mowing grass, traveling, changing banks, etc. To say it is hectic would be an understatement. And to top it all off, our dinner meals have not been exciting.

 

I made a pot of black bean soup last week for dinner. I didn’t have the full amount of time to cook the dry  beans because we were busy with the house, therefore the beans were not very soft when we sat down to eat them. But what were we going to do? We ate it. I might also add that I’ve been taking the rest of it every day for lunch this week. Today is Thursday. That’s four days of black bean soup for lunch. I’m so glad it’s over.

 

And let’s see, you know those Zatairan’s boxes of black beans and rice? Yeah, well we had about 10 boxes of that (the fellas bought it in bulk before Beau and I met). We have slowly been making our way through those boxes and we finished the last two boxes this past week. Yes, last night I was cooking the last box on the stove and Beau says, “Oh, sausage with black beans and rice again.” J No honey, this is black-eyed peas and rice. J

 

I feel like such a bad wife. All I’m cooking is boxed food and frozen food and canned food. I don’t have the excuse of children running around. We’ve just been busy. And I’m bored. I don’t like cooking when THIS is what I’m cooking. Blah. I don’t like eating either. (Maybe this is how I should diet.)

 

Let’s take a look back…

 

9/18 – Chili

9/19 – Chili

9/20 – Dinner at grandma’s old folks home (Spaghetti)

9/21 – Lasagna

9/22 – Lasagna

9/26 – Sausage with black beans and rice; canned okra and tomatoes

9/27 – Black bean soup and cornbread

9/28 – Black bean soup and cornbread

10/3 – Frozen Stouffer’s lasagna

10/4 – Lasagna

10/5 – Sausage with black-eyed peas and rice; canned green beans

10/6 – We’re supposed to have leftovers, but I’m going to beg to go out to eat with a gift card we have. I just can’t handle it anymore. J

 

No comments: