Monday, October 17, 2011

Payments

Beau and I were watching a movie last night where one of the characters explained his thoughts on tipping. And mine is one of the same. Let’s just talk about that for a minute-tipping.

 

I don’t believe I should HAVE to tip someone. And I asked myself this question this morning on the way to work? Why is it that every other business out there takes on the full responsibility of paying their staff, but restaurants only pay a percentage? In Europe, the wait staff gets paid in full in then if you decide they deserve a tip because of extraordinary service that’s your prerogative.  There are other restaurants and businesses that serve food and they don’t get tips. They get paid in full by the restaurant.

 

Basically, it drives me crazy that when I am given absolutely horrible service I am expected to tip them anyway. And in a party of six or greater, they automatically take 18% out.

 

Another issue to think about is babysitters. Babysitters now make $10/hour or more (depending on the number of children). This is absurd! This is more than minimum wage and they do far less in those hours. I know that it can be argued that these are your children! But think about it, do you think that 16-year old does a better job for you because you pay them more money? No. They will do the same things no matter how much you pay them. And to pay $10/child/hour is insane.

No comments: