Thursday, June 9, 2011

Temperature Annoyances

At breakfast this morning, Beau and I were talking about temperature annoyances. He told me how much I would have hated being at Panera Bread yesterday where he and his boss had a meeting. Beau said it was so cold in there that they could see their breath. Now that’s just ridiculous. I realize it was a whopping 85 degrees in the hottest part of the day, but seeing your breath? Really?

 

Nothing annoys me more than being dressed for hot weather (shorts and a tank top) and then going inside of a building where they think they have to make it like a freezer. We don’t need it that cold inside. So there I am dressed for hot weather, I go inside and I freeze. I think the women would agree with me on this one.

 

Let me preface this paragraph by stating that Beau LOVES really cold beverages. Whatever he’s drinking, he wants it REALLY cold and preferably with lots of ice. Beau’s complaint about temperature was soda bottles at the gas station.

He goes inside to get a drink and pulls open the door and ugh! It’s a tiny bit cooler than room temperature. Yes, that’s very annoying. Isn’t that supposed to be a cooler?

 

“I Want it Cool” Watermelon Frosty

 

2 ¼ c frozen watermelon cubes

½ + 1 cup water

2 T maple syrup

1 lemon, squeezed

½ banana

2 shots Tequila (optional) or sub with more water or fruit juice

A few dashes of cayenne (optional) in the blender or over top when you serve

 

Garnish: a few slices of watermelon-with rind on-frozen

 

Blend and pour. Garnish with frozen watermelon/rind slices. Serve.

No comments: