Tuesday, June 7, 2011

No Contract

Last Friday my phone died. It is completely dead. In fact, the charge port has a crack in it, so I can’t charge it. I can’t turn it on. Notta. Friday afternoon I go up to the Verizon store on Rivers Ave. I’m due for an upgrade on June 23rd and had heard that as long as you’re in the month of the upgrade you can get it early. That wasn’t the case.

 

But, come to find out, I would have only received a $30 credit for the new phone. Hardly worth the wait.

 

I spent about 30 minutes talking to a guy named Matt about my options with plans and phones. There’s a possibility we could be moving in the future and I didn’t want to be locked into a contract. Come to find out, it’s a minimum of $350 if you break the contract. Yikes!

 

At one point I said to Matt, “It seems like I only have two options here: Sign on to a two-year contract or don’t get a phone.” It hardly seemed like an “option”.

 

Then miraculously he has an idea!!!! (Hardly) He tells me there are some phones that Verizon offers with no contract. Really?!?! How come you didn’t tell me this when we started the conversation?

 

Yes, that’s right. You heard correctly. You can get a phone with Verizon with no contract that costs the same amount every month as a phone with a contract. The only difference is that your choices of phones are limited and you have to pay $20 more for the actual phone. To me this was a no-brainer.

 

So that’s right, I paid $20 more for the phone on Friday and I signed no contract. I can get out at any moment and they can’t penalize me for it.

 

Just thought all of you out there would want to know this little tid-bit. Happy phone shopping!

 

1 comment:

Karen & Tony said...

Very Good info to know!!! Thx, honey!