Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Taking Over

Vegetables are taking over my house. I’m overrun with potatoes, onions, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, jalapenos, corn and eggplant. I don’t know what to do with all of it. I’ve made at least four soups since the middle of April and I’ve frozen them all. It’s nice for now, but come fall and winter we’ll be overrun with soups!

 

Beau and I have grilled zucchini and squash every chance we get. I’m tired of eating it that way. I opted to not each lunch yesterday rather than eat them…again.

 

I don’t want to be wasteful and I don’t want to give it away because we paid for it. But what is a girl to do?! I never thought I would hate vegetables as much as I do right now.

 

If you have any ideas as to what I can do with these vegetables please share them. Recipes are welcome. I’m currently looking for a no-fail delicious potato soup recipe. I know, I’ve never made potato soup. Should I be ashamed?

No comments: