Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughts on school

Have I mentioned that Beau and I are in school together? We’re getting our Master’s in Project Management from The Citadel (mine and Beau’s father’s alma mater). We started in January and we are halfway through with our mid-terms marking the dates!

 

Throughout this last weekend we’ve been presented with opportunities to tell people how it’s going and well…it’s going very well. I mean between me and Beau.

 

People were skeptical. I was skeptical. (I have to admit.) Beau was never skeptical (at least not to me). But as we drove to class together last night I was thankful that I didn’t have to go alone, while leaving him home to play or vice versa. We get to go together. Yes, it’s a ton of work but we’ve learned a lot about each other. I’ve learned that my dear husband has some incredible study methods that I wish I knew in college. And last night I was able to see his graciousness yet again when he was reassuring me that I would pick up on my study habits again. I have just been out of school a decade and he’s only been out 1.5 yrs (MBA). Smile.

 

I love being in school with him. And when we walk across that stage together we’ll be the happiest and most proud couple on that day. Here’s to studying together for the next 18 months!

 

No comments: