Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cereal...My tribute

Let me just take a moment to recognize cereal and what it has brought to my life. Growing up it was Grape Nuts and Honey Bunches of Oats. The latter was my choice. Oh how I wanted my mother to buy me Fruity Pepples or Lucky Charms. Only if I was good she said. Only if it were a special day. Those came, but not often. ;)

 

Then off to college I went where Lucky Charms were staring me in the face and my mother wasn’t around to tell me they weren’t a good idea. By the end of college, with some extra weight on me, I hated Lucky Charms.

 

To China…no cereal in site. Granola. Granola I make. Milk. No good milk. Cereal had to take a sabbatical.

 

Charleston. My love of cereal has returned. It’s my go-to.

What do I eat for breakfast? Do we have milk? Cereal!!!!

What do I eat for a light snack while waiting on a late dinner? Cereal!!!!!

What do I eat when I need a late night snack? Cereal!!!!!!!!! (It has no calories if consumed after 8:00 pm.)

What do I eat when Beau is out of town and I don’t want to cook? YOBE!...or…Cereal!!!!!!

 

There is everything perfect about it. It’s light. It’s cold. It’s refreshing. I can get it in multiple flavors. I can mix flavors and it stills tastes fabulous. It digests well. No bad breath afterwards. It’s easy. It’s comforting. And I can easily keep adding to the bowl when there’s just a little bit of milk left that I don’t want to go to waste. J

 

Here’s to you Cereal! Here’s to many, many more years of your enjoyment. I promise to pass on the love and tradition to my children as best I can. J

 

No comments: