Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Afternoons

Beau and I have been spending our afternoons after work at the new house (I’ll be glad when I won’t have to differentiate between the current house and the new house and I can just say “house”) doing little projects. I have underestimated both of them.

 

Monday Beau and I headed over to tackle the yard. I mowed the grass and Beau manned the weed-eater and trimmed the hedges (mainly the flowering plant surrounding the mailbox and the huge sago palm at the corn of the sidewalk and the drive way). It took us about 1.5 hours or so. I was hot and sweaty and tired when I finished. We have some of the thickest grass I’ve seen. I kept getting the lawn mower stuck. Whoops.

 

Yesterday we headed over to paint the quarter-round. Very much underestimated this one. I thought it would take us maybe an hour. Um, no. Two and a half hours later is when we left. Granted, at the end of our task we did a walk-through of the house since the wood guys finished the installation. And wow! It’s amazing inside. The quarter-round on the other hand. Not so wow. It’s going to need a second coat and some fixing because they started sticking to each other. L But first coat is done!

 

Today’s taskings? None. At least at the new house. We have plenty to do at the current house. Have I mentioned that we haven’t packed anything? Oh yeah, that’s right. We have a lot to do!

 

No comments: