Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Full Weekend

Friday night Rosa, AB and myself went out to celebrate all of our birthdays. We had three stops, Grill 225, Charleston Grill and O-Ku. We were headed to each to get a favorite drink. We had a super time!

 

Grill 225: Nitrotini (In three different flavors) with their delicious charcuterie board.

 

Charleston Grill: They didn’t have my favorite drink so I order the Beetlejuice (very healthy) and we shared a crab cake.

 

O-Ku: I ordered a sweet and spicy beverage, my favorite combination, and we shared some sushi.

 

It was a very fun night with the girls, talking and laughing and eating and drinking. We talked about doing it regularly, although the wallet won’t allow it to be too regular! J

 

Saturday I had two baby showers to attend. So you guessed it, I found myself driving all over (from Mt Pleasant to John’s Island to Hanahan and back to Mt Pleasant) to attend the showers. Both were fun and I was glad I went.

 

But Saturday night was what I was most looking forward to. Beau and I had a cooking class downtown at Charleston Cooks! The class? Bourbon and Barbecue. (I thought Beau would find this ideal.)

 

The Menu?

 

Pulled Pork in a Bourbon-Apricot sauce

Smoked Quail with a Bourbon Glaze

Baked Beans (with Bourbon) and Crumbled Bacon

Cornbread Stuffing with Bourbon, Butter Beans and Corn

An Old-Fashioned

 

We were instructed on how to make our dish and then we were allowed to go to town. Beau and I decided to try the stove-top smoker. We’d both seen it used on Chopped and thought it would be neat. That thing works great! I nudged to Beau that it would be a nice addition to our kitchen. ;)

 

Then it was time to eat! My favorite was the cornbread stuffing and Beau claimed that the baked beans were the best he’d ever had. But we both agreed that he makes a far better Old Fashioned. J

 

 

No comments: