Thursday, July 7, 2011

Surprise!






I got the idea on Tuesday that I should drive up to Myrtle Beach on Wednesday and surprise Beau. He was there on business and thought it would be a blast! And it was…







I left work yesterday at 3:00. I sat through abnormal traffic, picked up the dog, his food and leash and my overnight bag and drove to Donna’s house. I dropped off Argos and got the address for the hotel Beau would be staying in. (Thanks Donna for your detective work!) And I headed out on the road.







By six o’clock I was pulling into the Hampton Inn and parking right next to Beau’s Subaru. I walked into the hotel and found Beau in the fitness center running on a treadmill. I convinced the guy at the front desk to give me a key to his room so I could surprise him. (Funny enough, the guy said I was the second wife in a couple days that had the same request!)







I snuck up to his room and let myself in and waiting patiently until he was finished running. Beau came to the door and tried his key but it wouldn’t work. So when I came to let him in he thought he had come to the wrong room and apologized. But then he realized he knew the person who opened the door and he was shocked! He just kept giggling and saying “Whoa”. He couldn’t believe I was there. He was so surprised.







He got dressed and decided since I was there, he would forego Chick-Fil-A and we would go out some place nice. J We drove to Murrells Inlet and went to a restaurant called Devine’s. The best calamari since Spain. We didn’t even use the sauce. Delicious. We each had some delicious seafood, sipped on some wine and had a leisurely meal by the water. It was truly pleasant and wonderful. And I loved being there with him. And he continually commented on how he couldn’t believe I was there!







We wrapped up the evening with a Tornado at Twisters (ice cream blizzard type thing) and Kingpin.







I woke up at 4:30 this morning and drove back to Charleston to be at work at 7:00. Absolutely, completely worth the trip! We loved every moment of it!




No comments: