Friday, July 15, 2011

Rev's Smokehouse

Beau and I met Matt, Sara and Wyatt up at Rev’s Smokehouse in Summerville last night for dinner. My good friend, Bill, and his wife, Renee, have opened a BBQ joint.

 

I remember the days that I worked for Bill and when he wasn’t working that job, he was at home trying recipes. Then he’d come to work and we would talk all about it. I loved it!

 

It’s a reality now and they’ve been open for about a month.

 

It was so good to see Matt and Sara, and Bill and Renee.

 

I ordered the pulled pork plate. I know, I know-big plate Kathryn. Well…I was starving! And I ate it all! (Actually Beau and I shared the sides. And…I shared my biscuit with little Wyatt.) The pulled pork was really good. I didn’t need sauce on it. It was tender and juicy and not one bite was dry. I did add sauce, only because I LOVE mustard base sauces. Sometimes the meat is just a delivery device for that sauce! I also ordered fries, macaroni and cheese and fried okra. Fries are fries. The macaroni was creamy and didn’t dry out. Very good. But let me tell you about the okra. It’s fried whole. Definitely a first for me and one I would like to redo. Delicious! The cornmeal crust was perfectly seasoned and the whole thing was crispy and good.

 

The restaurant is super clean and the people are very friendly. The prices are reasonable. And all proceeds from dessert sales go to wounded warriors.

 

For some of you it’s going to be a haul to get there, but I know I’ve definitely driven farther for food. Consider the time you’ll get to spend in the car with your special someone as you drive there. Don’t we all need that?! J

 

No comments: