Monday, September 15, 2014

The Start of Our Journey

Like most other couples, Beau and I wanted children. You know, the ideas and dreams of teaching small people all the neat things about the world. Dreams of these small people taking on your very best characteristics and personality traits and none of your worst. J Dreams of holding little small hands and taking them to school for the first time, watching them run down the stairs on Christmas morning, making pancakes on Saturdays, dressing them up in crazy outfits for family photos, boring them with stories of our own childhood and seeing their beautiful smiles. So like everyone else we just assumed it would happen. But the “just happen” wasn’t our journey.

 

Our journey, although not what we originally planned… it has been our journey and we would like to share it with you.

 

Please keep visiting our blog as we share the story of our journey and the blessings that God has given us in His goodness.

 

8 comments:

kimbrells@bellsouth.net said...

Kathryn we just got your announcement in the mail. We will be praying for you, Beau and those precious babies. Can't wait to see them.

Love you, Aunt Debbie

Laura said...

Kathryn,
I am so happy I saw your post today! I haven't read through your older posts, but whatever journey this is (adoption?) I am sending you all love and prayers!
I look forward to hearing more through your blog... Parenthood comes in many forms and whatever path you are on, it's the right path for you.
Best wishes!
~Laura

Unknown said...

Kathryn! Jim and I smiled enormous smiles when we opened our mail today. Thank you for allowing us to remain in your life.

Aynsley spent two minutes staring at the postcard, then said, "wow, that's an elaborate way to announce you got a dog!" We laughed hysterically then had her flip over the postcard. Pause, then she said, "ooooh!!!" :)

We love you and know you're gonna be one amazing mama! Our prayers are with you!

Love,
The Vermilyas

Unknown said...

Soo... I'm excited for you and your journey, and a little confused? Are you getting a dog? Adopting to kids? Having twins? Am I missing something? Or maybe it's a surprise. Either way we wish you the best and will be praying for your family.

Melissa Raye Woofter said...

I loved my mail today. I can't wait to meet the babies!!!
All my best and lots of love,
missy

Mark & Jennie said...

So excited for you Kathryn & can't wait to hear more!!

Marylou King said...

Hi Kathryn, I have been thinking of you a lot lately...for some reason, Fall brings to mind China and of course when I think of China, I think of you - getting to know you was one of the best parts of being there! Anyways, so excited to hear of your new adventure...twins will be so fun! Blessings to you, Beau and your family. Miss seeing your beautiful face! Love, Ml

Love Being A Nonny said...

Saw the news on your mom's facebook page!!!!!!!!!!!! How wonderful!