Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Journey Continues...

Due to a series of different circumstances Beau and I found ourselves at Coast Fertility in Mt Pleasant in early April of this year. We were assigned a nurse and given a very thorough “talking to” of what to expect over the next few weeks/months and reminded that it’s not a matter of “if”, but “when”. We were excited and so hopeful!

 

We immediately went into what they call an IUI cycle. I won’t go into the details of what’s involved. (You can look that up if you’re really interested, but I’m positive some of you out there are hoping and praying you don’t have to read through those details. So I’ll spare you.) Beau and I were certain it was going to work the first time. We were just so sure. But one Friday night we learned that it hadn’t worked and we were right back where we had started. Disappointed is not a strong enough word to describe our feelings at that time. I can’t say for sure, since I’m not in Beau’s head, but I think it took a little longer for me to move past it internally.

 

But, as is typical with me and Beau, we just said, “Ok, here we go, let’s try this again.” So we jumped right into the next IUI round. (Admittedly, I was a little more guarded this time and not as sure it would work. Beau was still trying to be the optimistic and hopeful one of the two of us. He did such a good job!)

 

This round didn’t happen anything like the first one. Things weren’t growing like they were supposed to, they were stalling and we didn’t know why, not even the doctors. But they just kept pressing forward and we continued to go along with it. And so glad we did…

No comments: