Monday, June 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Take 68

1326. Meeting Beau’s good friends and spending so much time with them this weekend.

1327. A day off!

1328. Successful beef brisket!

1329. Beau made it home from NYC despite the airlines.

1330. Celebrating three years of knowing that wonderful man I call my hubster.

 

1331. Cherries are back in season, which means I can make one of my favorite cocktails, the Porch Crawler. Here’s how you make it:

 

5 cherries, pitted and halved

3 mint leaves

½ habanero chile

 

Muddle all of this and add:

2 oz white rum

1 oz lemon juice

1 oz simple syrup

 

Shake it up, pour over ice and add;

2 oz club soda

 

Watch out! It’s hot!

 

1332. Lots of good studying done this weekend even with all the temptations of fun around us!

1333. Lunch with the hubster yesterday. I love these days.

1334. Three day work week baby! Today is my Friday.

1335. Sweaters that keep me warm in an over air-conditioned building.

 

1336. Strawberry season and salads.

1337. New ways to cook up all of the zucchini I have in my fridge.

1338. New friends that teach me GOOD ways to cook kale. I finally found a way that me and the hubster will eat it and enjoy it. That green is tough!

1339. I did 20 man push-ups yesterday! That’s a record.

1340. Our new German neighbors who are so friendly.

 

1341. A neighborhood pool to relax by.

1342. Good food to eat. We never go hungry. Never. Like that’s not obvious.

1343. Clean water to drink.

1344. That the hubster has a more creative mind than I do. Praying our children get that from him.

1345. Voicemails I’ve saved over the last three years. I still listen to them on occasion.

 

No comments: