Friday, June 7, 2013

German Night!

Beau and I meet up with the Beeches at the Hlavaceks’ house last night for another international dinner party night! Last night’s cuisine? German.

 

All of us admitted later, that we were skeptical as to how this food would taste. But to all of our surprise, we agreed that German night has been the best yet!

 

I had the great opportunity to go over to our neighbor’s house yesterday afternoon and cook with her. Steffi and Eddie are from Germany and moved in next door in April. They’re super friendly and we like them a lot. So when I asked her for a recommendation as to what she thought I should make, she insisted I come over and we would cook together. Beau joined us although only watching and talking. I have to admit, I didn’t do a whole lot. Steffi had much of it prepped before I got there.

 

The menu:

Pork Schnitzle (Hlavaceks)

Braised Brussels Sprouts (Beeches)

Braised Red Cabbage (Evans)

Bread Balls (Evans)

Spaetzle (Beeches)

Streudel (Hlavaceks)

 

We had quite a spread and it was fantastic! We had a lot of laughs and stories and excitement for Lauren and Danny as they are expecting their first child in just five short weeks!

 

Up next: Spanish.

 

 

No comments: