Saturday, June 15, 2013

NYC Friday night

As you can see, we're in the Big Apple! I (Kathryn) arrived yesterday around 2:00. Hopped in a cab and headed on to our hotel to meet Beau. I thought I was going to die in the cab on the way here. And before you say I'm some silly southerner who can't handle the big city, just wait. Even the taxi driver yelled out when he almost hit the corner of a bus! Nevertheless, made here safely!

You can see from the photos that we've been all over. The picture of the city is our view from our hotel room, which is amazing. And then there's the pic of me and the hubster on the High Line in the meat packing district. Beau and I made a stop into Dos Caminos for chips and guac and some delicious margaritas! That's then when we took a stroll down the High Line. Great views of city on this nice walk through what looked like a botanical garden. 

The hubster and I then ate dinner at a little Italian place called Macelleria's. Delicious! Beau and I ordered a bottle of wine, split an arugula salad with parmesan and pears and the mussels in marinara, which was the special. He then ordered the carbonara and I ordered the fettuccine with lamb ragu. And Kathryn can't end a night without dessert so I ordered the pistachio and vanilla gelato. Wonderful evening.

No comments: