Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What's more...

As I reflect on the last year of my life, I’m truly thankful for what the Lord has brought me. I know it’s not Thursday and therefore, not technically a day for me to list my thanks. But a Wednesday is just as good a day as any I think.

 

I married the man of my dreams in this year of 2011 and we have experienced almost 10 months of wonderful marriage. And because of this wonderful event, I have even more to be thankful for. I have been given yet another person in my life to love and to receive love from, Donna. I have gained another family that has welcomed me in with open arms and I’m truly thankful. Because of this wonderful man, I have been forced to truly look deep into my heart and see who I am and who I want to be. God is using Beau to shape me into a better me; the woman I was created to be.

 

I have a wonderful job that has brought me people that enjoy and people that I call friends. I am confident in my job and enjoy pursuing new opportunities. I feel as though it’s more of a career rather than a day-to-day job.

 

My relationship with the members of my immediate family has changed. They were once the center of my universe and the focus of my days. With marriage that has changed. But not with a negative note. We are all moving and adapting and shaping to create new aspects to our relationships. This change has opened up avenues of conversation that I weren’t there between my parents and myself. It has taken down walls between my sister and I. And it has given my husband a friend in my brother and given my brother a friend in my  husband.

 

And now I look to 2012 wanting it to be a good one. Wanting it to be one that I’m proud of and one that I enjoy…no regrets. So I think about these New Years’ Resolutions and want to come up with some really good ones. So far this is what I’ve got…

 

To have a true, honest, close dear friend that I can call at 2:00 in the morning to talk if I need to.

To have more smiles than tears.

To read more for me this year.

To be able to say that I loved people with everything that I have.

 

Here’s to 2012 and what it will bring!

 

No comments: