Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Take 24

I have been reading a blog called A Holy Experience and the writer is encouraging everyone to count a thousand gifts for 2012. I will be highlighting those in bold each week as I attempt to exceed the thousand gifts. With the feeling that I’ve been more ungrateful than grateful, I want to change that, which is why I started doing Thankful Thursdays. I can’t be more thankful in my heart if I can’t think of things I’m not thankful for.

 

475. My smile, my thoughtfulness, my height

 

476. Clouds; Heat; Vegetables

477. You can love people by saying “no”; I’m sorry; Can I help you?

478. My grandmother’s cameo; my heirloom engagement ring; the sky

479. Julia Child’s: Master the Art of French Cooking; Memories; Lives Change

480. Lactaid pills; White wine; Desire for change

 

481. Forgiveness; Patience; Acceptance

482. Sunlight peering through; Clouds on the water; Catching my husband looking at me

483. Grace; Safety; Relaxation

484. Correction; Kind Words; Being held

485. Daffodils; Buttercream; Little girls’ blonde hair

 

486. Forever sky; Growth in soil; A friend

487. Beau and I have two great professors this semester. They want to help and want us to succeed.

488. The training my company has put me through.

489. Beau and I get to go back to school. Not everyone gets that blessing.

490. The time we’re in school will be together rather than apart. Another great opportunity to grow together and know each other better.

 

491. Realizing that I need to be stronger than am; like I used to be. Encouraging words to do just that.

492. I ran 3.75 miles on Tuesday! That’s the farthest in a while. And my partner was there to encourage me on.

493. No traveling this weekend!

494. Crockpot recipes! I’m taking suggestions!

495. My dad, brother and Justin giving up their weekend to help us fix up our house. What giving people.

 

496. Time with the boys this weekend just talking and sweating and laughing.

497. While the boys worked, I was able to clean.

498. A morning with Pop-Pop. Cherish.

499. Hearing those closest to me laugh. It brings joy to my heart to know they are happy.

500. That I’m learning to say “no”.

 

501. Sandra McCracken – the words of her songs resonate so deeply with me

502. Early to bed evenings

503. The groaning of “I Love You” in the morning

504. A new discovered delicious wine “Faithful Hound ‘08” – a blend.

505. People help people.

 

506. People who share. Thanks for lunch today Rosa!

507. Remembering fun childhood memories and smiling.

508. Sitting on the back porch with Beau eating frozen pizza. J

509. A weekend of home.

510. The little girl next door wants to feed Argos while we’re in class.

No comments: