Friday, May 27, 2011

Showers and Friends

If you’re like me, you’re overwhelmed with the number of weddings, babies and showers that are happening right now. And I have added to this number with my own wedding and showers. Typically this is what spring/summer means for women-lots of showers and weddings and what not. It’s a lot of fun.

 

I attended a baby shower last night for a dear friend of mine, Sarah. The girls throwing the shower did an AMAZING job! The details that these girls put into things was truly remarkable. I couldn’t even think up these ideas and details. I don’t where they got this talent, but I want some.

 

I had remarked to co-worker yesterday that I was certain there would be wine at the shower, but wasn’t sure if that meant there would be no punch. And I LOVE punch! Who doesn’t love punch?! When do get punch except at a shower? And let’s be honest, I’m not going to go home and make myself a big bowl of punch. Pour myself a glass of wine I could do. But make punch? Nope. Needlesstosay, I was hoping there would be punch. And there was!!!! It was delicious. Some sort of Mango “Momtini”. (No alcohol.) Basically, a mango punch type thing. I had a couple of glasses. J

 

“Need A Reason to Make” Sunset Punch

1 quart cranberry cocktail

1 quart pink lemonade

1 quart OJ

1 quart pineapple juice

1 quart ginger ale, chilled

1 quart raspberry sherbet or sorbet

 

Combine first 4 ingredients and chill. Stir in ginger ale and scoop in sherbet.

 

And of course, if you insist on making the punch for just yourself J you can quarter the recipe.

 

 

No comments: