Friday, March 27, 2015

Guest Post: A view from the waiting room




Donna:
The only thing that could have made that day more fabulous is if my Mother had been there. I'm sure she was watching though. Everyone told me that the love of a grandchild was special and overwhelming and I see that very clearly now.
As Karen stated above about the wagers going on...I won! Well, I shared the pot with Uncle Morgan and Poppy Tony. I'm sure through the years I will return that money to these children a thousand fold!
This "grandparenting" thing is a life changer for sure. I think my life as I knew it is changed and I may not be at Blues or the Rifle Club as much but that's OK. I can't take my eyes off of them!
I'm going to be an obnoxious Grandmother so please bear with me and enjoy this ride with us!


Karen:
Such an exciting and much anticipated morning!!!! The day we had been waiting for was finally here and the big question would be answered within a couple of hours! What are they? boy, boy? girl, girl? boy, girl? I love surprises and I love that Beau and Kathryn chose to wait til delivery to find out! Like we did in the "old" days, when they were born! Lol!
So, the welcoming party gathered on the 3rd floor of East Cooper Hospital, coffee in hand to await the BIG news! We had such a good time sharing stories, laughing together, and just being silly. It was truly a joyful couple of hours. To add to the fun, we decided to wager bets on what the sexes would be- $20 per guess! I chose B,B along with Beau! Of course, now you know we were wrong!!
One for me and one for Donna!!!! And it was LOVE at 1st sight!

No comments: