Friday, March 27, 2015

Fwd: Additions to the Evans' household

Nine months of waiting has brought us a boy and a girl that we are in love with...Gray and Caroline. 

Sunday morning Beau and I decided to call our doc. I was having some minor contractions and pain and was just in general, very uncomforatble. The doc said to come in and let her do a quick check. With being 6 cm dilated and major contractions starting once I got to the hospital, we were getting this thing rolling.

Beau called the family and gave them the go-ahead that this thing was on go! For me, that meant checking into the hospital, setting up monitors and calling the anesthesiologist to come on in.

About an hour later I was in the OR with a bunch of nurses, tables, monitors and really bright lights! The anesthesiologist came in and gave me the block. That worked within seconds. I didn't even have time to get my legs up on the table. It was a strange feeling. Thinking my legs were in one place, but seeing them in another.

The doc and her team did their thing to get me prepped and tested to make sure I couldn't feel a thing (thank you!) and then brought Beau in. As soon as he was in place the party began. Beau with his Go Pro on his head, documenting the whole thing with photos being taken every 1 second. It felt like it took them forever to finally get a baby out. But when they did, it was so exciting! Baby A came first and I was finally able to see and know who had been kicking and punching me and having the hiccups in me for 9 months. 

The doc and Beau agreed that Beau would be the one to tell me what the sex of the babies were. The doc held the first baby up so Beau could see and all he could get out was "Aaaaahhhhh!!!" The nurses yelled "Well, tell her what it is!" Beau said, "Oh. It's a boy!" He was so completely thrilled and excited he was speechless. 

It took less than a minute to get Baby B out next and I was able to know and see the little one that gave me heartburn and some major acid reflux for the last two months. It was a girl! The whole OR screamed in excitement. Not a soul in that room knew what they were going to be so it was one giant surprise. Beau and I were given the greatest gift, one of each! 




No comments: