Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ice Cream Truck

The ice cream truck went through our neighborhood yesterday afternoon. I heard the song and I got excited! I immediately remembered the ice cream truck as a child and how excited I would get at the sound of it. Quick! Where’s mom? Mom, I need a quarter! Where’s a quarter? We would frantically search for some change (we had to find three quarters because there was no way just Kathryn was getting ice cream!) and would run after the truck. Out of breath upon arrival we screamed our request! I always got the cone shaped strawberry push pop with the gumball at the bottom. It came with a spoon that I meticulously used until it got to the point that I could tip it back and suck out the rest.

 

Oh how happy I was yesterday to know that the ice cream truck still comes around. I hope that it’s still around when my children can run after it with some change.

 

So today’s lesson? Lets never be too proud to be excited in the small things.

 

No comments: