Wednesday, May 2, 2012

30

So! I turned the big 30 yesterday. Great day! My husband did a super job of making me feel special. Just the comment that he wanted us to do whatever would make me happy totally did it for me.

 

But it was made special…

 

Beau got me a silver charm for my charm bracelet. A pair of dice to represent our upcoming trip (tomorrow) to Las Vegas. A story, or many stories, will come with that charm for sure! He knew that I would love that gift and I do.

 

My boss got me a quart of chocolate frozen yogurt from YOBE!!!!!!! We all know how much I liked that!

 

My friend Rosa made me a bottle of homemade bloody mary mix. And yes, we all know how much I like that!

 

My MIL, Donna, got me some great costume jewelry to take with me to Vegas (I’m always coveting her costume jewelry).

 

Julia got me an edible arrangement that I’ll eat next week!

 

And my dear sweet husband is making this monumental birthday the biggest ever by taking me to Las Vegas for four days! I’ve never been and I’m super excited. I wanted to go to some place BIG and memorable and boy will it be that!

 

We’re going to Cirque de Soleil, Charlie Palmer’s Steakhouse at the Four Seasons, Picasso at the Bellagio, House of Blues and In and Out Burger (for the boys). And we’re staying at the Monte Carlo, which I affectionately called Monte Cristo by accident on Saturday. J

 

We’ll be sitting by a pool during the day, soaking up some sun and relaxing, and then enjoying the night life later one. What a great weekend! And we’ll be enjoying this weekend with our friends, Trent and Nicole Walker. (Nicole and I share May 1 as our birthday! )

 

So here’s to Wednesday being my Friday for this week, an exciting flight west, trying new things, staying up late, sleeping in late, eating our heart out and lots of fun! Memories will be made. And pictures will follow!

 

No comments: