Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Happenings

Beau and I have had many adventures in the last 10 days!

 

On the 17th of December Donna, Beau and I piled our stuff in the Subaru and pulled out of the driveway at 3:08 am to drive down to Port Canaveral to get on the Carnival Dream for our one-week cruise to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. My first cruise! (Pictures and stories to come!) We had a great time and came back rested and relaxed!

 

We drove back from Port Canaveral on Christmas Eve and arrived in Charleston around 4:00 pm. We picked up Chinese takeout at our favorite Chinese joint, Golden Garden. They have been named one of the top 100 Chinese restaurants in the country! I knew we had a good one! My parents were in town so we shared Christmas Eve dinner with them and my brother. We opened gifts with my family and then Beau, Donna and I headed out on the town to join in her tradition of drinks with friends.

 

We first met up with Joe and Richard and 82 Queen and then walked down King St. to Charleston Grill where we also met up with Ben. We had a great time at both places and tried to finish off the evening at the Mills House, but much to out dismay, they were already closed for the evening. We headed home…

 

Christmas morning was busy with mom and I making our typical Christmas breakfast, Monkey Bread and Grits Casserole. Yum! We ate together and then all headed to church, meeting up with Donna, Meme and Dick. Buster preached a wonderful sermon and we enjoyed the singing of Christmas carols.

 

We all headed home to get our food together and went out separate ways: my parents to Pop-Pop’s house and me and Beau to Aunt Lynda’s house. This was my first holiday spent with his side of the family and I truly enjoyed it. We sat around drinking wine and talking prior to dinner and then enjoyed a feast! They had corn pudding, which I love! The macaroni and cheese was the cheesiest I’ve ever had and the dark meat on the turkey was cooked perfectly. It was wonderful. I really enjoyed the whole afternoon.

 

We left around 4:30 and headed to Pop-Pop’s house to see him and have dessert. At the end of the evening we left with my parents and brother packed in the Subaru and we leaded to the James Island County Park to see the lights. I was wonderful! We hadn’t been in years and they’ve added so much!

 

Monday was spent mostly cleaning the house. The FROG was still packed with boxes that we had yet to do anything with and because of all the company we have coming into town this weekend, we need the space so we got to working on it! We made quite a dent for sure!

 

Julia came over for lunch (used the leftover Chinese to make some fried rice and it was delicious!) and we got to catch up which was so nice! I miss that girl!

 

Beau and I got back to cleaning and then met Donna and Ben at Charleston Beer Works for Ben’s birthday celebration. We had a great time of laughing and sharing stories and celebrating Ben. And we ended the night with an oyster roast with the Woofters.

 

Whew! What a great time! Pictures to come…

1 comment:

Christy said...

So glad you guys had such a good week and Christmas:) Can't wait to see pictures! I have your blog on my bookmarks' bar so I will be a regular reader now!! :)