Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Grand Junction, CO - Home of My Sister

 When we entered Colorado we had our sites set on my sister's house in Grand Junction. She and her family had moved there in May of 2020 to take over a business. I had yet to visit due to COVID and was really looking forward to it. As Beau and I traveled through the US headed west, Jennifer's plans changed and they decided to move the business to the east coast. And they were leaving in May! We had to hustle! The fam arrived the night before Jennifer and family flew back east for a wedding and to leave the kiddos with my parents for a few weeks. Thankfully, we were able to spend on evening with them before they left. 

Gray and their enormous dog, Modonna, became buddies.
Caroline has a special love and connection with her red-headed cousin, Archer. Jennifer and family were incredibly gracious to allow us to park our camper (Elizabeth) in their driveway for over a week so that we could have a respite from travel, have a yard to ourselves to play in, normal showers to bathe in, a big kitchen to cook in and a baby-sitter to take care of the kiddos so that Beau and I could finally get away by ourselves one evening. This time was a huge blessing to us! And Gray lost another tooth!


They loved moving Aunt Jen's furniture around to create their own tea party!

I was even fortunate enough to get a haircut. I tell you what. Do I have a talented husband or what? I've already told you the many new skills he's picked up along this trip, but who would have thought cosmetology would be one of them!




No comments: