Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014
















Sent from my iPhoneThanksgiving was so nice and relaxing!!! Because we've been traveling and working so much lately we decided to stay put. So although it was just Beau, Donna and myself, I had to cook a full spread. It's just not Thanksgiving without too much food!

Thankfully, Beau handled the turkey. (I'm not a big fan of cooking meat because I get nervous about it being underdone vs overdone.). He fried that turkey! So with the company of our neighbors and the sharing of oil we all hung out in the driveway cooking turkeys and have a cheap version of a charcuterie.

While the turkey was cooking, I was busy inside workin' up the rest: Collards cooked with a ham hock; a new mac and cheese recipe that will be revisited for sure, sweet potato casserole and not good cornbread dressing. (It was a Bon Appetit recipe for Spicy Pecan Cornbread Dressing - don't try it)

But everything was delicious and of course we had seconds. Donna and I realized later that since I pulled out the silver and the china for this day's event, the dinner plates were smaller than what they're making today. I think that benefited us. So even though we all got seconds, we did eat less than we might have eaten otherwise. :) (I like to tell myself that.)

I concluded my lunch with a nap on the couch while Beau and Donna took the dogs on a walk. And then we finished out the afternoon/evening with our own version of karaoke at the house.

It was a very nice, relaxing and restful Thanksgiving. Probably our last one for a while. I tell you, those babies are going to change everything...for good!


About Benefitfocus
Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served more than 23 million consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs. For more information, visit www.benefitfocus.com.

No comments: