Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Version of Indian Tea

This is not what I think of when I think of Indian tea. Typically it’s chai that comes to mind. A rich and creamy tea made of black tea, milk, cardamom pods, sugar and cinnamon stick. It’s a wonderful “sit with a friend and talk” tea.

 

This Indian tea is rather different. It’s green tea infused with sipping broth which consists of carrots, celery, onion, garlic, curry, cumin, turmeric and other herbs and spices.

 

So you can imagine, I’m not adding sugar to this. It’s kind of a savory tea. It’s like sipping on broth, but tea. It’s strange, but good. And the packaging is right, it’s the perfect little afternoon “pick me up”.

 

As I sip on it I am still uncertain whether it is to be used in place of a glass of hot black tea or in place of a cough drop on a cold day…

No comments: