Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Thai Beef (Venison) Red Curry

Beau is out of town and my brother and dad came into town. Sooo….we had Thai food. I love of mine, a not so love of Beau’s.

 

The curry was scrumptious, as I thought it would be. It’s hard to find anything Thai and have it not be delicious!

 

Thai Beef (Venison) Red Curry

1 lb beef or venison, cut into long strips across the grain

2 T canola oil

1 yellow onion, sliced

1 each green and red bell pepper, sliced

1 T red curry paste

1 c coconut milk (I used lite)

¼ c fish sauce

½ tsp tamarind concentrate

2 T brown sugar

1 T lime juice

Thai basil

Rice

 

Saute the onions and peppers in oil over meidum-high heat until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside. Using the same pan, reduce heat to medium and add the curry paste and coconut milk. Stir and cook utnil curry paste is complete incorporated. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, tamarind concentrate and brown sugar. Let the sauce boil and cook down a few minutes utnil it thickens, about 6-7 minutes. Add the beef (venison) and the vegables and continue to simmer  until the beef is cooked through. Finish with slivers of Thai basil and serve over white rice.

 

*This recipe was a bit on the sweet side. Next time, I would reduce the brown sugar.

*I also added about 1/8 c more of coconut milk because I like a lot of sauce.

 

 

No comments: