Friday, May 3, 2013

Capstone Night

Beau and I had one final deliverable to be able to graduate tomorrow: to present our Capstone to the faculty in the Engineering Department at The Citadel.

 

It was last night and started at 6:00 at the Riverview Room at The Citadel. Beau and I arrived a little early to set up our displays and chat with our classmates. I made two kinds of cupcakes as a display product for my Capstone: Buttercream. I made chocolate cupcakes with orange cream cheese frosting and lemon blueberry cupcakes with lemon buttercream frosting.

 

Beau set his board up next to mine: Shared Medical Appointments. He did a great job on his board. Very impressive. At one point Beau was talking to some people about his project and another couple walked up. They started asking me to explain the SMA. I did the best I could but eventually had to send it back to Beau. I’m no expert on anything in the medical field like the hubster is.

 

For the next hour and a half we mingled with the faculty, the students and their family and friends as we shared about our projects and what we’ve learned throughout the program. It was actually quite enjoyable and a lot of fun!

 

Beau and I were blessed to have Donna there, as well as my parents and Chris. Yay for family!

 

We sat down for dinner around 7:40 with a greeting and blessing from Dr. Plemmons and enjoyed the company of Wendy and Eric Ramsey, whom I work with at CGI. We had a great time.

 

As dinner was wrapping up, Dr. Welch (Dean of School of Engineering) and Dr. Skipper (Head of Department of Project Management) presented the class with their certificates and a Citadel commemorative notebook for getting our Master’s in Project Management.

 

*Note: Dr. Skipper stated that Beau and I were the first married couple to go through the program!

 

You’ll see in the pictures that Beau and I are quite thrilled. Also pictures are Wendy Ramsey and Jessica Light, whom I work with at CGI and then the whole clan receiving our Master’s this year. What a great group!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this
post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble.
You're amazing! Thanks!

Here is my page http://Verticaljump.einfohound.com