Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pizza a Million Different Ways

“I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation.”

~  Madame Benoit

 

I made Chicken Pesto Pizza last night for dinner. I tried my hand at yet another pizza crust recipe. It still didn’t turn out like it should have-it didn’t rise. But I didn’t let it defeat me. I still rolled that dough out and thought “thin crust!” So it was fine, but not great. What was great was the rest of the pizza. The recipe called for pesto, grilled chicken, fresh mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes. I adapted it a bit with the mozzarella I had on hand and added some sliced, cooked leeks leftover from another dinner. The leeks were delicious and pesto is so flavorful. Beau and I both loved it and felt ever better about the fact that it was homemade. Yum!

 

No comments: