Monday, March 3, 2014

Fwd: Yummy eating in San Diego

I know I’ve already touched on the tacos. I had to! They were at the forefront of my mind. And they still are. I think I dreamed about them last night. I know I’ve told at least 10 people about them. They’re probably tired of hearing how great they were, especially since they weren’t able to partake.

 

Anyway, there was some other good eatin’ that took place on this trip.

 

Our first night together we ventured to a place that I had read about and had received rave reviews, although I’m not sure why. The drinks were $15 a pop and were very ho hum. I didn’t even drink half of mine. We left. That place was called JSix. Don’t try it.

 

Next stop, The Blind Burro. This was supposed to be really good modern Mexican food. Everyone knows how this girl loves some Mexican food! We were disappointed. I believe that you can tell a Mexican restaurant by three things right off the bat: 1. The queso 2. The chips 3. The margarita. All of these were no good. No Bueno. Chips were literally greasy to the touch, although homemade. Queso was similar to a paste of sorts, which I’ve never encountered before. Margarita was bland, if you can imagine that. We left.

 

Next stop: La Puerta. We should have gone here first. The wait for a table was over an hour, which is always a good sign. We sat at the bar and loved it! The drinks were fantastic and Beau and I split this delicious plate of Carne Asada Fries. Definitely no where close to a balanced meal. But hey, you only live one. They were fantastic!

 

Saturday night we followed through on my reservation for Searsucker. (We’re into the whole Open Table thing.) And really, we were quite pleased. Drinks were great and apps were very good. We made it to the table still hungry (after two apps) and ordered steaks and bowl of Brussels sprouts to share (I think this was my first portion of vegetables in a couple days). The restaurant even went the extra mile to give us dessert on the house!

 

 

No comments: