Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paleo

Yes, Beau and I have joined the trend I hate to admit. Usually, on principle, I would never do it. But hey, why not? Beau and I started last Monday, after 4th of July.

 

No dairy.

No sugar.

No starchy carbs.

No beans.

No grains.

 

So what are we eating? A lot of meat, vegetables, fruit and nuts.

 

I think we’re doing pretty good actually. The hardest part for both of us is that we’re tired of drinking water. We want something else to drink. Something with flavor. I don’t bother drinking coffee anymore because it’s not enjoyable (to me) without half and half and some sugar in it. So why drink it if I’m not going to like it?

 

We feel really good. We struggle with energy at this moment as our body learns to burn the stored fat/energy since we aren’t really giving it any through the food we’re eating. And because of the lack of caffeine missing at this moment, we get a little sleepy. But! We are sleeping much better and both of our skin is radiant.

 

No comments: