Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Take 55

1108. I’m thankful Thanksgiving is almost here! For I love Thanksgiving and all that comes with it. For me, parades, pajamas and smoked turkey with Beau and Donna.

 

Tell me if I’m being irrational. I buy “perfect” apples and bananas from the grocery store. I spend what seems like minutes picking out just the right ones. I put them in the plastic bag and lay them gently in my cart. I am standing in front of the cash register watching the cashier throw my perfect fruit down the conveyor belt. They are now bruised. I didn’t want to pay for bruised fruit. But I don’t want to call the high schooler out and make him/her feel bad. But I don’t want to take home bruised fruit. What do I do? Does this plague anyone else?

 

Back to being thankful…

 

Thankful for:

 

1109. Nights at home with the hubster, walking Argos in the cold with that hubster and falling asleep on the couch watching a documentary while Argos sleeps ON me. J Nothing better.

1110. Thanksgiving luncheons at work. Just a prequel to the real thing next week.

 

1111. Knees that will still get me up when I have gone down.

1112. Homemade everything: jam, bread, dinner, ornaments. There’s something so nice when you look at something and know you put time into it. Christmas cookies here I come!

1113. A down comfortor that is about to come out of the upstairs closet and live in my room for the next three months.

1114. Free passes to the Biltmore. What a gift to us!

1115. Reminders that I learn new things every day. Therefore, I should be patient while others are learning.

 

1116. God’s love of me all day, every day. Every single second and minute of the day. Thanks for that.

1117. A snuggler in Argos. What a gem.

1118. Silly moments. What fun!

1119. Freedom in budgets and saving.

 

No comments: